Sunday, May 18, 2008

Testing Results

I have completed five different tests of the movie. Two of them have taken place at school, in which I received feedback from my fellow students. I did the three other tests at home. One was with family members, one was with my friends from back in Middletown and their families, and the final test was with my neighbors.
The movie got mixed reviews, ranging from straight 0’s to all 5’s. Some of the reviews were not taken seriously, as was evident in the additional comments section. For example: “This movie belongs in the travesty genre.” It seemed my audiences enjoyed the movie, even if it wasn’t the horror film I thought it would be. To be honest though, many films that set out to be horror end up as comedies or horror/comedy.
While I may not have fulfilled the horror aspect of the design brief, I would say that I fulfilled the entertainment aspect. In light of this, I would say that the movie was at least a partial success.Below you will find charts showing the distribution of the average scores stratified by age group.


There are a few interesting features I would like to point out. The first thing I noticed was that the averages for question four remained almost constant. It seems to me that according to this data my audience seemed to enjoy the music aspect of the film. I also noticed that the opinions on the acting went down with age. It also looks like the ability to follow the storyline went down slightly down with age as well. The opinion on its effectiveness as a horror film remained constant from 11-40, but it dropped sharply at ages 41-56, as can be seen on the third graph. I would also like to point out that on the first short answer question, which was what would you classify this movie as if not horror, about 96% stated it would make a better horror/comedy or just a straight comedy.

No comments: